Another Amazing Year in the Books
We are happy to say that 2017 was another exciting and successful year for us! This past year we added even more wines to our shelves along with new and improved labels. We were also awarded more medals for our fantastic wines to add to our collection.
Within the year, we also joined the Hope for Heather campaign by creating our Hope Dry Rosé to help raise money for Ovarian cancer research, education and support. With help from our customers and generous donors, we raised $7,741. Thank you for joining us in supporting this cause! Our Hope Dry Rose is still for sale in the tasting room and on our website. Join us in helping such a great cause and enjoy a nice bottle of dry rose. It’s a win-win!
All of our new wines and updated labels are listed below. Check it out!
New wines we added to our shelves:
- 2014 Reserve Chardonnay
- 2014 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Reserve Dry Riesling
- Hope Dry Rosé (Hope for Heather)
- 2014 Kestrel
- Drumlin Red
- Egret (White Port)
- Crème de Cassis (Black Currant Liqueur)
You may have noticed that some of your favorites have changed. Here is a list of the wines we “revamped”. Don’t worry, they may look different on the outside, but they still have the same great taste in the inside!
- Montmorency (Cherry Apple wine) formerly known as Cardinal
- Esker Brook (Cranberry Apple wine) formerly known as Lake Effect Blush
- Strawberry Jewel (Strawberry Apple wine) formerly known as Ruby
- Camper’s Red (We have eliminated our Red Wing label and will continue to just use Camper’s Red)
In addition to Montezuma Winery, Hidden Marsh Distillery has had a great year as well! We released a fantastic batch of bourbon that sold out just in this year! We are thrilled at the response to our Lone Logger’s Bourbon and have it back on our shelves! In the year to come we will be releasing another new bourbon that we know you’ll love!
Throughout the year, we were also awarded medals for our wines and spirits at the following competitions.
Great American International Wine Competition.
- Gold: Ice Apple Cider
- Silver: 2015 Cabernet Franc
- Bronze: Dragonfly
2017 NY Wine & Food Classic
- Silver: Reserve Cabernet Sauv, Drumlin Red, Lone Loggers Bourbon
- Bronze: Diamond, Egret
Drink Outside the Grape
- Gold: Queens Flight
- Silver: Ice Apple Cider, Blue Moon
- Bronze: Pear Perfection, Cranberry Bog, Dragonfly, Pink Swan
We are so grateful for all our accomplishments this past year and are excited for what’s in store. We will be adding many new wines and spirits throughout the year that we know you will love! Not only will we be adding new products to our shelves, but we will also be adding on to Hidden Marsh Distillery and continue to expand the winery with a new storage building. We hope you are as excited for the new year as we are! Cheers to 2018!